Both of these ideas partially tie into themselves, so you may see me repeating things I have previously said. Also since this isn't a really long topic this blog will be quite short. Why do people write memoirs? One reason I believe people write memoirs for is to reflect their life, and discover who they are. Another reason is to obviously tell a story to the reader. Lastly, they write them to help people learn from their mistakes.
What power is there in telling our own stories? Well its not like fiction, because this is real. It is something that actually happened in history which makes it powerful. Especially if it is an extraodinary story, like of WWII or being kidnapped by a UFO... Another reason our own stories have power is because it tells someone their life. They can then learn from their mistakes, and it might even inspire them to write themselves. Ok, short blog, I know, but I can't think of anything else to write.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Why is a real story more powerful than fiction?
Really good ideas, and yes it is quite short. :)
I find your idea that writing a memoir is powerful because we, ourselves are engaging in the act of recording history.
Great 3 topics about why we write memoirs! I agree completely. :)
Why do you think that non-fiction is so much more powerful than fiction?
Oh, Evan just said that... nevermind.
But I like the intro, very nice.
who is yummm english..... ?
Post a Comment