Sunday, October 21, 2007

Picture

3 comments:

sonofabennett7 said...

This picture is taken from a somewhat low angle but still not too small. It keeps the train seeming larger han it already is. Which could mean it is taking you on a trip and its big because it can make this happen. There is light all around and nothing is in shodow. There are snow capped mountains in the background giving it a mystical feeling. The light adds to the mysticism.

Elizabeth said...

This photograph was taken at a low angle and is a medium-close shot. The low angle draws our attention upward to the dark train speeding along and the billowing smoke rising above it. The closeness of the shot helps us focus in on the danger and speed of the train, but we can calm down when the crisp mountains are shown in the background with people scattered around the sides of the track. Although trains can be dangerous and can disturb the peace, they are useful in the way they transport people in cargo to various destinations.

Alex B said...

I know others have said this but I have to emphasize the angle at which this picture is taken. This low angle just gives me this feeling that I’m lying on the train tracks looking up at this black menacing train that’s about to run me over. I also like the long shot because I can see this prominent mountain in the background. I think to myself if that train was able to overcome the mountain it should have no problem squashing me. At the same time though, the bright lighting of the picture makes me feel like it’s not my time to be squashed. As long as the cloudless sky remains above my head, I have hope that I will escape my ill-fated doom.